Friday, September 7, 2012

the birthday cake


I love birthday cakes. Especially when it's your birthday cake. And you actually get so much satisfaction from making it yourself, rather than someone else doing it. It didn't turn out quite how I wanted or expected but let's face it, I'm not perfect at making cakes and who ever gets their cake looking like the photo in the book? And one can almost forget about the mistakes when there are candles ontop. Even better, pretty candles that Mum bought. Even better than that, lighted.
I like lighted candles.

Cheers to cakes, especially birthday cakes. You're awesome.

xo,
h

p.s. notice no recipe? well, i was too lazy to post it. and i kind of wrote what each component of the cake was, so if you're keen to make it, then just get recipes for all of the different parts and smush them together.
voila!

1 comment:

  1. I'm having a blog party (modest fashion) starting this Saturday! =)


    ~Johanna
    www.be-thou-my-vision.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

I love comments.