Wednesday, May 30, 2012

pouring from the spout

Tea parties with friends. You never tire of them. No matter how old I get, I always enjoy them. A beautiful tea set. Chocolate biscuits on a rose platter. The rich brown coloured tea pouring from the spout into my dainty cup. And of course the company of a friend where you and her pretend to act like proper ladies, often speaking and dressing from the nineteenth century!
So much fun...








Briahna and I decided to have a break from photographing each other that Saturday. Bri found her tea set, given to her by her grandmother that is apparently three hundred years old (don't know whether that's true or not!), we boiled the jug and set the table prettily.
It was our tea party.

xoxo,
Holly

9 comments:

  1. I love tea parties! So much fun and very relaxing too.

    ~Autumn

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ah, so pretty! Tea parties are so fun!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Holly

    Love the photos, so elegant!

    I don't think I told you, but I 'awarded' you some time ago on my blog.

    If you visit this link, you'll understand.

    http://jillahorse.blogspot.com.au/2012/05/1st-blog-anniversary.html

    Love Lauren

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! They are : )
      Oh yes, you did tell me you awarded me in another comment. Thanks so much for thinking of my blog, really sweet of you, but I don't do blog awards! I find them too annoying and restricting, so I never do them any more. I do appreciate you awarding me though : )

      Delete
    2. Actually it isn't a 'blog award' where you have to say certain things and pass it on to certain people, it's just a thank you gift, because Roses and Bluebells contributed to the most pageviews in the last six months.

      I've put a link to your blog under a tab called Sponsors, along with Isla Creations, who sponsored a giveaway, and Lizzy (from My Imaginary Horse) who was the most frequent commenter. I just did it for my blogaversary as something special.

      Love Lauren

      Delete
    3. What a lovely idea Lauren!

      Delete
  4. It looks like such a lovely tea party, those cookies look delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Do you do tags? 'Cause I've just given you an awesome one if you feel like it...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for tagging me, but no I don't. I find them annoying (like blog awards!) and prefer to not have the pressure of having to post about this and award these people etc. But thanks any way : )

      Delete

I love comments.